Airbus SE is announcing the following changes to the Executive Committee, led by Chief Executive Officer, Guillaume Faury, following approval from the Board of Directors.
These changes come at a new juncture for both commercial aviation and defense activities, with the decarbonization of the aviation sector becoming a central ambition for the industry, and strategic European defense programs entering their development phase.
The following changes will be effective from 1st July 2021:
- After more than five years in his role as CEO for Airbus Defense and Space division, and as member of the Airbus Executive Committee, Dirk Hoke has decided to pursue opportunities outside the Company.
- Dirk Hoke will be succeeded by Michael Schoellhorn, who joined Airbus in February 2019, as Chief Operating Officer and member of the Airbus Executive Committee.
- Michael will be succeeded by Alberto Gutiérrez, currently Executive Vice President Military Aircraft and member of the Airbus’ Defense and Space Executive Committee, since January 2019.
- Alberto will be succeeded by Jean-Brice Dumont, currently Executive Vice President Engineering and member of the Airbus Executive Committee, since April 2019.
- Jean-Brice will be succeeded by Sabine Klauke, currently Executive Vice President Engineering at Airbus and member of the Airbus’ Defense and Space Executive Committee, a position she has held, since July 2018.
- Grazia Vittadini, currently Chief Technology Officer and member of the Airbus Executive Committee, since May 2018, has decided to leave the company to pursue other opportunities after more than 19 years at Airbus. Sabine Klauke will take over this responsibility in addition to her new role as Executive Vice President Engineering.
- The succession of Sabine as Executive Vice President Engineering, Airbus, will be subject to further notice.
Changes to the leadership team
"As we emerge from COVID-19 and look forward to the next phases in the development of our civil and military activities, we are making important changes to the leadership team. I warmly thank Dirk for his leadership at the helm of Defense and Space, over the last five years and the achievements obtained under his watch. I also want to sincerely thank Grazia for her key contributions and personal engagement over the last years. I wish them both all the best in their future endeavors,” said Guillaume Faury, Airbus’ Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Guillaume Faury adds, “I'm now very pleased to welcome Alberto and Sabine to the Airbus Executive Committee, while Michael and Jean-Brice will take on key responsibilities in Airbus Defense and Space. These changes will allow us to further address our challenges and deliver on our ambitions, as well as increasing the ‘Team Airbus’ dynamic with deeper collaboration between our different businesses and functions across borders.”