Firefighters are a very protective lot, when it comes to their individual hand tools. And every firefighter comes off their apparatus with what they feel are the best small tools for doing their job in the pockets of their turnout gear pants and jacket.
Ensuring safety tools are not lost
Another fact of life on the fireground is that those same tools have a way of getting lost, especially in fast-paced environment of suppressing a fire or extricating a patient from a car crash, especially at night. Sometimes, those lost tools can reappear in the light of day, but they may be found by someone other than their owner.
Unfortunately, many firefighters don’t have the means or the motivation to properly mark their small tools
Unfortunately, many firefighters don’t have the means or the motivation to properly mark their small tools, so that they can find their ‘way home’. So, the finder of the tool adopts the ‘orphan’ as their own.
The folks at TheFireStore have come up with a solution to solve the problem of ‘wayward’ hand tools - Custom Engraving. Now, firefighters can get two types of customized engraving on selected products that they purchase from TheFireStore:
- Custom Text Engraving - Buyers can select one line of text, two lines of text, or a large number (e.g., the station or unit number), depending upon the size of the item purchased.
- Custom Logo Engraving - Buyers can also select from one of five custom logos and have it engraved on their purchase from TheFireStore.
Buyers will have the option to select from five different logos to choose the one that’s right for them:
- U.S. Flag logo with a superimposed fire ax image.
- Maltese Cross logo with crossed fire axes in the background, along with text above and below the logo.
- Maltese Cross logo with text above and below the logo.
- The EMS ‘Star of Life’ logo with text above and below the logo.
- Crossed fire axes logo with flame silhouettes arising between the axes, along with text below the logo.
Tools for Custom Engraving
Need a new flashlight? Buyers can choose from any one of the 28 models in the Streamlight product line of rugged and durable flashlights that includes both:
- Helmet-mounted flashlights, such as the Streamlight Vantage and Streamlight Vantage II.
- Hand-held models like the Streamlight Survivor Alkaline and the Streamlight Survivor Rechargeable (Both models can also be clipped to the turnout coat for hands-free illumination).
Buyers looking to replace their handy and dependable Leatherman multi-tool can count on all ten of the Custom Leatherman Tools carried by The FireStore, which are available for custom engraving, including:
- The Leatherman Raptor Folding Shears with emergency-specific tools (5 color options available).
- The Leatherman Skeletool Multi-Tool.
- The Leatherman Super Tool Multi-Tool 300.
- The Leatherman OHT One-Handed Opening Multi-Tool.
- The Leatherman Micra Multi-Tool.
- The Leatherman Rebar Multi-Tool.
Channellock Rescue Tools
Since the launch of Channellock’s flagship product in 2008, the company’s Model 86 Rescue Tool and Model 87 Rescue tool have become the ‘gold standard’ for giving firefighters, a multi-function rescue tool they can carry in their turnout gear pocket. A firefighter with a Channellock rescue tool is a powerful team that can:
- Cut cables, wire, and various light metals.
- Pry open doors and windows.
- Shut off gas line valves.
- Tighten or loosen stubborn hose couplings.
Both the Model 86 Rescue Tool and the Model 87 Rescue Tool can be custom engraved to ensure that user and the Channellock tool are inseparable. Whether it’s the trusty multi-tool or the dependable flashlight, personalizing them with custom engraving can help ensure that they make it back into the pocket of the turnout gear at the end of the day.