Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), a trusted partner for safety software protecting millions of individuals, has revealed updates to its Rave Guardian platform, in order to better equip students and staff to communicate vital campus updates.
Rave Guardian safety app
Rave Guardian, the renowned safety app available for students to stay connected with campus safety officials, faculty and other students, now integrates into Rave Alert, allowing higher education institutions access to both offerings in a single platform.
Rave Guardian has been updated to better reach and engage students on mobile devices since they find email and phone calls to be outdated. Students aren’t interested in Facebook and Twitter as they would rather prefer closed messaging apps, such as Snapchat and WhatsApp. In fact, Generation Z students are three times more likely to open a chat message through a push notification.
Integration with Rave Alert
However, in a recent survey of higher education institutions, Rave found only 38% of respondents offer a mobile safety app for their campus communities. The lack of institution-backed app adoption on campus shows the opportunity for colleges to implement innovative technology, like Rave Guardian, to better connect with students.
The new Rave Guardian platform ensures that all tools, from two-way texting features to content directories with information such as specific safety procedures, are united in a single application.
Rave Guardian provides geo-targeting notifications to campus safety officials
Unlike any other communications application available, Rave Guardian provides geo-targeting notifications, so as to enable campus safety officials to target certain areas of campus with specific alerts. Those alerts are even available when students and faculty may not have cell signals. The app also allows for students to share a live stream of their location with campus safety, if they feel they’re in a dangerous situation.
With one app to access campus communication tools, resources and key contacts, colleges don’t have to rely on outdated communication methods to interact and engage with students.
Additional benefits and features in the new version of the Rave Guardian safety app include:
- One platform: In two steps, anyone in the campus community is instantly authenticated and can register. Students can update their Rave Alert profiles and always keep their contact information up-to-date.
- Content portal: Emergency procedures, shuttle schedules and other key resources can be shared with the campus community in a configurable content library, in order to help them stay safe and informed at all times.
- Call directory: Enable students and staff to easily find assistance and resources through a call directory of important numbers that can be updated and added to in real time.
- Routable chats: Two-way communications can now be routed to different departments to ensure they’re only seen by the appropriate officials. In addition, departments can enable custom auto-responses, when their offices are closed.
- Push notifications: Alongside SMS text and email capabilities, push notifications allow schools to provide messages to students and staff even without cell service and capture more attention.
- App customization: Schools can customize Rave Guardian’s interface and features in real time, in order to create a user experience that will drive more interaction with their community.
- Emergency call button: With a push of a button, students can either directly connect to 9-1-1 or campus safety in an emergency. Even when they dial 9-1-1 from the app, the school is notified through the incident management console.
“The update to the Rave Guardian platform offers our university and college customers with essential tools to promote safety across their campuses,” said Todd Piett, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Rave Mobile Safety, adding “These latest features will drive greater adoption by students and will promote more participation with campus safety.”