CAL FIRE OSFM Fire and Life Safety Division (CAL FIRE - Office of the State Fire Marshal) is launching an electronic permit system (GOVmotus Fire) that will enable clients and stakeholders to more effectively participate in the permitting process.
Individuals will need to register with GOVmotus Fire to submit future permit applications. The link to register will soon be posted on the CAL FIRE OSFM website.
GOVmotus Fire online system
GOVmotus Fire online system is customer-service focused. The goal is for permit applicants, permit holders, and associate stakeholders to be able to easily navigate the system. Customer-friendly features of this electronic permit system include:
- Users get convenient access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- User-friendly online permit application process.
- Information-saving features allow to start an application, save the information that has been entered and finish the application later, and submit online permit applications.
- Users can monitor the progress of projects in real-time from anywhere the internet can be accessed.
- Users will receive a notification when a permit has been issued.
- Users will receive real-time plan review comments and/or approval letters.
Registration and Log-in:
- Access the GOVmotus application on the CAL FIRE website
- First time users must register for an account using a valid email address
- Fill out the Registration Form and hit Submit (The email address will serve as the User ID)
Individuals will receive a confirmation email of registration and can log-in by entering their email and password.
Navigating the Dashboard:
- The Dashboard contains a listing of Permit Applications and Signature Requests.
- Users can select Permit Application # to view the Permit Application.
- The My Signatures Required section will contain links to CAL FIRE Inspection Reports that require the user’s signature.
Applying for a Permit:
- On the main top toolbar under Permitting, users can select Permit Application.
- Users need to complete all required fields in the Permit Application and select Submit Application.
- Users can upload a Business Card by selecting Choose File, selecting the appropriate file, and then uploading. They can select the Next button to go to the Plan Submittal Checklist.
- Users can select all items that are applicable to the submitted Plans, including the required items. Once completed, users can select Submit.
- Users will receive a confirmation email of application submission with their Permit Application #.
- To Request Inspections, once a Permit has been issued, users should select the Permit Application #, select Request Inspections in the Control Panel, select the Request checkbox, and enter a Request Date, then select the Request Inspections button.
Signing Inspection Reports:
- Users can select the Inspection Report matching the Permit # from the Dashboard. They can view the Inspection Report results.
- Users can select either Sketch to Sign or Upload Signature Image and complete the signature. They can select Submit Signature to complete the signing process.
Additional Resources for Help and Support:
Help & Support is available in the menu at the top-right section of the screen, including:
- Help Videos: Detailed video instructions, hosted on YouTube.
- Quick-Start Guides: Simple reference guides for completing certain tasks.
- Contact Support: Email: OSFMFireLifeSafetyGovMotus@fire.ca.gov or Call: +1 (707) 676-3638.
In addition, definitions for each field can be found by selecting the symbol at the top of each section of the Permit Application.