CHEMTREC, the source of 24/7 call center support and information during hazardous materials incidents, partners with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to offer the CHEMTREC HELP (Hazmat Emergency Local Preparedness) Award.
Through this program, two volunteer fire departments will be awarded $7,500 to help enhance their response capabilities and increase local readiness to respond to and prepare for hazardous materials incidents.
To be eligible to apply for the CHEMTREC HELP Award, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Department must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Department must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC.
- Department must demonstrate their need to receive the $7,500 award and in the application essay must explain how they would use the award.
- The departments that receive the award must use the money to increase their department’s hazmat response capabilities and not for any other purpose.
The application deadline is October 1, 2019. Award recipients will be announced by December 1.