Harken Industrial and CMC are proud to announce the launch of a new multi-purpose rope travel device, the CLUTCH (part number IN401). This single wearable tool has been designed for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and reliable progress capture. At launch, the CLUTCH will be available from both Harken Industrial and CMC.
Single wearable tool
Manufactured by Harken Industrial, the CLUTCH boasts an impressive range of benefits for those working in the Rescue, Rope Access and Work at Height industries, including:
- Single wearable tool designed for multiple uses: hauling, lowering, personal descent, ascending and belaying
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave that provides efficient and audible progress capture
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design independent of the device’s attachment point
- Anti-panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection
- Machined aluminium chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards for lightweight durability
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems
- The only 10.5-11.5 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8 (up to 200m/240kg)
Rope Access and Rescue
It has reduced our financial expenditures in equipment and training time
The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11 Lifeline can also be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11 mm rope, ultimately saving space and reducing weight. The end result? Technical rope professionals can accomplish more tasks with less equipment. Check out the product page for further information.
“The CLUTCH has allowed our team to replace three devices with one by its ability to lower and raise heavy loads along with its comparatively smaller size. It has reduced our financial expenditures in equipment and training time. CLUTCH’s ability to be used in both Rope Access and Rescue has simplified and streamlined our training and operational programs.” – Mark Pfeifer, President & CEO, Ronin Safety & Rescue.
safety and efficiency
“Harken Industrial has contributed its core competency - creating high performance load-handling equipment with the development of the CLUTCH. Combine that with CMC’s expertise in designing products specifically for the Rescue and Rope Access industries and you’ve got a winning combination for CLUTCH users."
"We know that the device has the capacity to lessen the margin of error during operations, as well as provide more safety and efficiency.” – Sean Cogan, Technical Sales Manager, Harken Industrial.