KME Fire Apparatus announces release of the new Mid-Mount AerialCat, which are now available with an 84’ and 102’ platform. These two replace the existing line up of 81’, 95’ and 100’ Mid Mount Platforms, with a longer horizontal and vertical reach and a shortened overall length.
Mid Mount AerialCat Platforms
The 102’ Mid Mount AerialCat Platform has a 2’ rated increased vertical height to 102’ and a 3’ horizontal increased horizontal reach height to 94’. The apparatus’s overall length is decreased by 2’; using an MFD cab a 46’ OAL is achievable. The 84’ Mid Mount Platform rated vertical height is increased by 3’ to 84’ and the horizontal reach is extended 4’ to 77’. The vehicle overall length of the 84’ MM platform is just 43’. The vehicle overall length of the 84’ MM platform is just 43’.
The apparatus’s overall length is decreased by 2’; using an MFD cab a 46’ OAL is achievable
Additional benefits of the new Mid Mount Platform design:
- 5 to 1 Structural Safety Factor
- State of The Art Motion Control System
- Dual Integral Parapet Ladders in Platform Structure
- 2000 GPM Waterway Rating
- 3/16” Aluminum Body
- Full Height Full Depth Compartments
- Larger, Fully Enclosed Ground Ladder Storage
- One Piece Torquebox
- Deep Penetrating Outriggers
- Two Available Travel Heights | 126” &”
- Shortened Rear Body Overhang by 10”
- Features a Straight Shot Hose Bed with Access Doors
“The new 102’ and 84' Mid Mount AerialCat Platform design brings our mid-mount platform products in line with our current rear mount platform design. It allows KME Fire Apparatus to offer design benefits of better reach, better flow capacity, higher structural safety factor, thereby lower maintenance and increased compartmentation designed in the AerialCat Mid Mount Platform family. “said Pete Hoherchak, KME Product Manager.