Industry News

Smoke alarm helps couple escape fire at Penshurst

The smoke alarm alerted residents of smoke and fire

It took five fire appliances to tackle the blaze caused by a candle

The fire was caused by a candle, but tragedy was avoided by a smoke alarm.

At 1.55 Sunday morning (29th November, 2010) Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to a house fire in Penshurst Road, Penshurst.

The occupants were already out when the fire service arrived but the fire required five appliances to help tackle the blaze, which was located on both floors.

It was discovered that a candle had caused the fire but tragedy was avoided by a smoke alarm which was fitted at the property. Upon hearing the smoke alarm the residents managed to escape.

Smoke alarms are available at no charge through or free Home Safety Check initiative. To find out more please ring: 0800 923 7000.

Download PDF Version

Other news
Related links
Related news
View all news from

Browse News by

Product CategoryMonthCompany

Special Feature


Expert Commentary, Copyright © Notting Hill Media Limited 2000 - 2016, all rights reserved.
Use of this Website is subject to the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Our Other site:, detailed security industry news and analysis US Edition
SourceEN54.EU, guide to voice alarm, public address & fire detection systems.