Using an addressable RS-485 Modbus communication protocol, the Vulcain 301C uses Daisy chain wiring requiring only 2 pairs of wires to connect up to 96 transmitters on the 3 input channels. This simplifies installation, in turn lowering costs. The 301C’s zoning and averaging abilities significantly reduce operational and maintenance costs.
The Vulcain 301C has the capacity to manage input from three Modbus channels for up to 96 transmitters and up to 50 wireless transmitters which can be associated with up to 126 zones. Transmitters can belong to an unlimited number of zones providing maximum operational and control flexibility.
- Use: Modbus controller for centralized gas detection monitoring with real-time gas reading, selective alarm activation and low cost of installation.
- Size: 28 x 20.3 x 7 cm (11.02 x 7.99 x 2.76 in.)
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb.)
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X Polycarbonate – ABS
- Power Requirement: 17-27 Vac, 24-38 Vdc, 500 mA
- Network Capacity: Three Modbus channels for up to 96 transmitters, one wireless channel for up to 50 301W wireless transmitters and an optional BACnet/IP output
- Communication Line Lengths: Up to 609 m (2000 ft.) per channel T-Tap: 20 m (65 ft.), maximum per T-Tap 40 m (130 ft.), maximum for all T-Tap combined
- Relay Output Rating: 5 A, 30 Vdc or 250 Vac (resistive load)
- Alarm Levels: 3 fully programmable alarm levels
- Time Delays: 0, 30 sec., 45 sec., 1-99 minutes before and after alarm
- Outputs: 4 DPDT relays (alarms and/or fault); 65dBA buzzer
- Display: Large 122 x 32 dot matrix display
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-95% RH, non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 50°C (-4 to 122°F)
- Certifications: CAN/CSA C22.2 No 61010-1, 116662
- Conforms to: ANSI/UL 61010-1 IEC 61010-1 Including Amendments A1:1992 + A2:1995 and National Deviations (Canada, US)