Clark-Cowlitz Fire Rescue News

Fire Sprinklers Protect Residents In Apartment Building As Fire Breaks Out At Glenwood Street In Woodland

Just after midnight on Thanksgiving morning, a fire broke out in an occupied apartment building in the 1300 Block of Glenwood Street in Woodland. The fire started when an appliance was accidentally left on and overheated, causing a fire that spread to the cabinets below. Fire crews were notified of the fire by an automatic fire alarm tied to the fire sprinkler system. A single fire sprinkler, ensuring minimal damage and no injuries or loss of life, quickly and automatically controlled the fire.&...