Globe Fire Sprinklers GL5680 recessed pendent sprinkler
The Globe GL Series Dry Type Pendent Sprinkler is designed for use in special applications such as freezing environments and conditions where sediment or foreign materials might accumulate in ordinary drop nipples.
The Globe GL Series Dry Type Pendent Sprinkler utilizes a frangible glass ampule sprinkler. At the ampule's rated temperature, the sprinkler opens releasing the bulb seat, causing the inner tube assembly to move, allowing spring assembly to pivot alongside the inner tube. At this time, water flows through the sprinkler and is distributed by the deflector, in an approved discharge pattern.
- Temperature ratings: 135°F (57°C), 155°F (68°C), 175°F (79°C), 200°F (93°C), 286°F (141°C).
- Water Working Pressure Rating: 175 psi (12 Bars).
- Factory tested hydrostatically to 500 psi (34 Bars).
- Maximum low temperature glass bulb rating is -67°F (-55°C).
- Frame - bronze deflector - brass screw - brass
- Bulb seat - brass spring - teflon coated nickel alloy
- Retainer - brass pin - stainless steel Torsion spring - stainless steel
- Bulb - glass with glycerin solution, 5mm
- Orifice insert - brass
- 3/4" or 1" NPT
- Outer tube - galvanised steel pipe
- Inner tube - stainless steel
|Make||Globe Fire Sprinklers|
|Manufacturer||Globe Fire Sprinkler Corporation|
|Model code||GL5680 - recessed pendent|
|Temp. rating (°C)||79~107|
|NFPA temperature class||Intermediate|
Dry recessed pendent sprinkler. Nominal 'K' factor: 5.6 (80 metric). Thread size: ¾" NPT. Length: variable to 48". Classification: intermediate. Available sprinkler temperature: 79°C/93°C. Bulb colour: yellow/green. N.F.P.A. maximum ceiling temperature: 66°C. Water working pressure rating: -175 psi. FM approved. Finishes: factory bronze, satin chrome, bright chrome (available on special order).
|Download PDF version|