Firefighters And Asbestos Exposure
Firefighters have to face many health and safety risks. One of the major risk that they deal with is asbestos. Asbestos cement is a building material in which asbestos fibers are used to reinforce thin rigid cement sheets. Excessive exposure to the same can lead to a multitude of health concerns. Some of the concerns are asbestosis, pleural plaques and thickening, mesothelioma, lung cancer and more.
In this white paper, Asbestos.com details the detrimental damage asbestos can cause firefighters.
- Asbestos Diseases Firefighters Face
- Firefighters at Greater Risk of Asbestos Exposure
- Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos During 9/11
- How Can Firefighters Avoid Asbestos Exposure?
- How Can Firefighters Be Compensated?
- Penalties for Negligence
Flame-Resistant Fibers Combine Protection and Comfort for Firefighters
7 Apparatus Trends For The Future Of Firefighting