Industry News

Historic Duke's Head hotel in Norforlk sets on fire

Fire caused a big damage to Duke's Head hotel.
The historic Duke's Head Hotel in Norfolk was damaged by the fire caused due to a faulty vaccuum cleaner

It is believed that a faulty wet-dry vaccuum cleaner started the blaze.

More than 50 firefighters were called when a major fire broke out at an historic hotel in Norfolk on Friday (December 10th). The fire broke out in the Duke's Head Hotel, based in the coastal town of Lynn, which is currently undergoing a £2 million renovation, reports Lynn News.

It is believed that a faulty wet-dry vacuum cleaner started the blaze, emphasising the necessity for business managers to conduct fire risk assessments. All owners of businesses must organise fire risk assessments to increase safety and comply with Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order.

Eleven crews from Lynn, Downham, Sandringham, Terrington, Massingham and Wymondham were called to the scene, just after noon. All guests and staff were evacuated while firefighters managed to confine the blaze to just one room of the hotel. The Duke's Head has been open since 1726, when it was called the Bowling Green House and served as a lodging house for travellers. 

Download PDF Version

Other news
Related links
Related news
View all news from

Browse News by

Product CategoryMonthCompany

Special Feature


Expert Commentary, Copyright © Notting Hill Media Limited 2000 - 2016, all rights reserved.
Use of this Website is subject to the Terms and Conditions and the Privacy and Cookie Policy.
Our Other site:, detailed security industry news and analysis US Edition
SourceEN54.EU, guide to voice alarm, public address & fire detection systems.