|Baldwin Boxall specialises in emergency voice communication
Baldwin Boxall’s stand at International Firex 2011 presented voice alarm products which are fully EN54 parts 4 & 16 certified.
The full range of the company’s VIGIL voice alarm (including touchscreen control, microphones, amplifiers and routers) was tested and the certificate is available for all to see.
BS EN 54 is being adopted by much of Europe and voice alarm systems installed must hold this certification. The process involves rigorous testing procedures by an accredited third party testing house. Upon completion of the tests, a reporting and certification procedure begins. All this adds up to a lengthy process, particularly when there several products involved as was the case with Baldwin Boxall’s VIGIL range.
The company believes it is the first voice alarm manufacturer in the UK to achieve BS EN 54 certification on a complete product range, and is very proud of the achievement.
As well as the voice alarm products on Baldwin Boxall’s Plug & Socket stand, the company also demonstrated the OmniCare emergency voice communication system and VIGIL VoIP.
Products on display
VIGIL voice alarm system complete with:
- BFM fire microphone – an emergency, fist style microphone. This type of microphone typically has top priority on a voice alarm system, enabling fire officers and building management to take total control during an emergency/evacuation.
- Unitouch touchscreen control and paging station. Intuitive, voice alarm and paging control via PC touchscreen. Stylish and easy to use, Unitouch presents the operator with either a graphical representation of the site or zonal ‘buttons’.
- BVRD microphone controller with LCD display. This range of microphones provides the user with many facilities including: zone select/all call, paging, message select/broadcast, music select, remote volume adjustment – and more.
- EVAS routeing matrix – a well proven and ‘facility rich’ DSP-controlled router installed in many prestigious sites worldwide.
- VIGIL class D amplifiers.
- The voice alarm system is networked with:
- VIGIL Eclipse2M – wall mountable, stand-alone voice alarm/public address system. This unit can be installed as a fully independent voice alarm system – monitored and with battery backup.
A range of products developed with the combined abilities of Baldwin Boxall and Archean Technologies, which provides a secure IP system for audio distribution with many features.
OmniCare emergency voice communication:
A very popular range which includes: fire telephones, steward telephones, disabled refuge remotes and disabled toilet alarms.