The Mercedes-Benz Unimog is a family of 4x4, high mobility, tactical military truck systems. With a gross vehicle weight between 7,500 kg and 12,500 kg have been designed to transport payloads ranging from 4,000 kg to 7,500 kg in the most severe terrain and climate conditions. It can be airlifted inside the cargo compartment of fixed-wing tactical transport. The steel semi-forward cab can receive additional armor plates for operations in combat zones or peacekeeping missions..
Available in short and long wheelbase versions with vehicle's length of 5.41 meters and 6.01 meters respectively. The gross vehicle weight is 12,500 kg carrying a payload between 5,500 kg and 7,500 kg. Unimog U 5000 trucks are powered by a water-cooled OM 924 LA turbocharged direct injection diesel engine developing 160 KW and a top speed of 105 kilometers per hour on road. The engine is compliant with Euro 5 emissions or Euro 3 optionally.
- Accommodation: Crew 2
- Dimensions: Fuel Tank Capacity 180 l (47 gl)
- Ground Clearance 490 mm
- Height 2.7 m
- Length 6 m
- Wheelbase 3.9 m
- Width 2.3 m
- Weights: Max Weight 12,500 kg (27,557 lb)
- Payload 7,500 kg (16,534 lb)
- Performance: Approach Angle 44 °, Departure Angle 53 °, Fording Depth 0.8 m (3 ft), Gradient 100 %, Top Speed 105 kph (65 mph), Turning Radius 8.2 m (27 ft)
- Power: Max Torque 810 Nm, Power 160 kW
- Other: Wheel Drive 4, Wheels 4