Mercedes-Benz Unimog is a family of 4x4 with high mobility, tactical military truck systems. It can be airlifted inside the cargo compartment of fixed-wing tactical transport aircraft. The steel semi-forward cab can receive additional armor plates for operations in combat zones or peacekeeping missions.
Available in short and long wheelbase versions, their gross vehicle weight varies between 7,500 kg and 10,000 kg carrying a payload between 4,000 kg and 5,800 kg. Unimog U 4000 trucks are powered by a water-cooled OM 904 LA turbocharged direct injection diesel engine developing 130 KW and a top speed of 102 kilometers per hour on road. The engine is compliant with Euro 5 emissions or Euro 3 optionally.
- Dimensions: Fuel Tank Capacity 180 l (47 gl)
- Ground Clearance 423 mm
- Height 2.7 m
- Length 6 m
- Wheelbase 3.9 m
- Width 2.4 m
- Weights: Max Weight 10,000 kg (22,046 lb), Payload 5,800 kg (12,787 lb)
- Performance: Approach Angle 41 °, Departure Angle 44 °, Fording Depth 0.8 m (3 ft), Gradient 100 %, Top Speed 102 kph (63 mph), Turning Radius 8.2 m (27 ft)
- Power: Max Torque 675 Nm, Power 130 kW
- Other: Wheel Drive 4, Wheels 4